Vice President, Investment Banking
Location: New York City / San Francisco
Click here for a downloadable version of the job description
CohnReznick Capital Markets Securities, LLC (“CohnReznick Capital”) is an investment bank that delivers the full suite of investment banking advisory services, including M&A, project finance, capital raising and special situations. Since 2008, we have executed more than 190 project and corporate transactions for renewable energy assets, valued at over $25 billion in aggregate.
We are wholly committed to the clean energy transition, and deliver exceptional services for financial institutions, infrastructure funds, strategic participants (IPPs and utilities), and leading global clean energy developers.
At CRC, Vice Presidents are the primary colleague overseeing deal execution. They must effectively project manage transactions full cycle. They serve as a leader in the firm and manage the deal on deals and as a mentor. They review and oversee the work of the junior team and ensures impeccable and timely delivery to the client.
- Oversees deal execution – Fully understands process, lays out a plan to ensure successful outcome. Regularly leads discussions and provides direction to client management teams, investors, etc. Involved in overall transaction and client strategy. Oversees due diligence, ensures information flow and review is done effectively.
- Financial modeling – The last line of defense on models. Review work, identify and solve for issues. Willing to roll up sleeves and dive into the model when necessary, as product must be market and client-ready after VP review. Fully mastery of complex models and tax equity structures. Has fundamental understanding of project and company valuation methodology.
- Manages colleagues – Serves as a mentor, trains and develops the careers of juniors and provides well rounded performance feedback. Helps to drive a positive internal culture and employee morale with juniors as well as with peers.
- Deliverables – Reviews, provides feedback to juniors and ensures high quality deliverables are market and client ready – CIMs, Board materials, etc.
- Business Development – Identifies new/expanded business opportunities through existing deals and network. Shows capability to drive new business for the firm. Works with legal teams to drive collaboration with their firms outside of the current deal.
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field; MBA, CFA or CPA or a related advanced degree desired
- Minimum 6 years of strategic business consulting, valuation, and/or investment banking experience
- Minimum 6+ years of renewable energy industry experience
- Significant closing experience in an Associate or VP capacity, ensuring appropriate level of comprehensive transaction experience and expertise. Has gained acumen/experience in multiple types of deals.